Re: Johnny Lightning British Invasion!!

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Johnny Lightning British Invasion!!
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 20:07:20 -0600
This list is a terrible thing - I now have several of the Johnny
Lightning cars.  The whole british invasion set, of course, and then
some.  Looks like the set will be much extended.  I'd expect to see a
lotus and some aston martins soon, as they are already being produced
for a James Bond collection (which also has a crossover Sunbeam that is
identical - except for color - to the British invasion collection).  I
even found some "first shot" series of the cars - the MGA and the MGB.
That series comes with two cars in one box - an unpainted car, and a
painted one in a special color.  There are more at the store if anyone
is interested, but only the MGA and MGB.  I checked the web page
(www.playingmantis.com) and it seems that the Triumph and the healey
both come in the "first shot" series too - so if someone wants to set up
an exchange with me on those, or just wants the "first shot" MGA and/or
MGB set, let me know.

Thanks!
Phil Bates