Re: Bad Rubber Parts from Mossy

To: kmr@pil.net
Subject: Re: Bad Rubber Parts from Mossy
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:21:43 -0700 (PDT)
I'm inclined to agree that generally speaking I'd be reluctant to use
NOS rubber parts.  However, I'll offer this observation.  I compared the
"new" Moss boot to the original.  While the original was chafed and
chewed up in a number of places from 37 years of service, it had no
cracks or rot.  BTW, the original boot was made by Lockheed.  Given the
choice in this case, I think I would have been better off with NOS
boots.

Roland