Re: Pulling engines

To: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: Pulling engines
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 17:56:35 -0800 (PST)

Greg Writes:
>Turnip eh?  Was I included in this survey?

Ray Responds:
>You were the data point that caused the collective expertise to fall to
>the turnip level.

Greg Responds:
> Well anyway, Andrew,
        If you somehow enlist two or more trusses in your hoist design,
you should be fine.  I've had such a system in my parent's carport for 9
years, and it's never fallen yet.  It's held many an engine assembly, and
only made creaking noises under the load of a TR-6 engine/trans/OD.
I believe their truss is made of 2x10 beams, and I put the system
together with a 2x4 spanning between two of them with a few nails.  Scary
huh.

Of course, all the usual disclaimers apply, especially Ray's nifty one,
"if the thing falls, I never heard of you"

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials ENGINEERING
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6