Re: TR4 seat refurbishing

To: gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu
Subject: Re: TR4 seat refurbishing
From: Paul Osborne <paul@ee.rochester.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 09:11:57 -0500 (EST)

> As I recall, the biggest task is getting the cover on the back rest.  I
> put a thin layer of a synthetic fiber "angelhair" over the top of the back
> and tapered it as TeriAnn described.  Then I put a trash bag over the
> back, which made it relatively easy to slip the back cover on the back
> rest.  It was all downhill from there.  Looks good still, after 3 yrs.
>
>    Ray Gibbons  Dept. of Molecular Physiology & Biophysics
>                 Univ. of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT
>                 gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910

        Ray, I have a part time job a few hours a week in a
        upholstery shop. Getting covers to slip over foam and
        other form is sometimes a real chore. We use silocone
        spray. It is still a job but it does not bunch up. In
        places that do use a ice pick in the seam to strighten
        out the decking or move the wraping to voids in the cover.

        paul