Re: Found a TR4 for sale; waddya think?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Found a TR4 for sale; waddya think?
From: Thomas.Jell@zfe.siemens.de (Thomas Jell)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 95 11:57:03 +0100
Ken,

As I'm just rebuilding my TR4 ... it looks like my one.

What I would rate good:
  >It looked like he painted it himself about 15 years ago
  so you can be sure that noone just put new paint over severe rust.
  >The car did start easily and ran well
  nothing else to expect from a TR4

Problems:
  >The car was wet
  That`s worse, expect new steel to come in here
  and the sills and I assume the wings, too.

  If you can spot rust from the outside, you will definitely end up with
  replace all the metal.

  And don't forget to check for accident damages !

Price: I've payed about $2500 for my restauration object and it sounds very
simila to yours, except it came with no parts missing (and a fairly good
interior)