Auto show addendum

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Auto show addendum
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 1995 10:33:39 +0500
I almost forgot:  The much sought after "Zehring" award for most
spell-binding display goes to: (trumpets sound; audience hushes...)
**Jaguar**    with its *working* cutaway model of the inline-six engine.  In
fact, several mfgs. had those ultra-chromed engines on display, but only Jag
had the cutaway actually in motion.  Beauty.  Beauty.  Runner up was a
similar display with the big GM V8 (Northstar? actually, I saw it at the
Buick display if memory serves), sadly: not in motion.  Not much like me
'umble little B-series lump, that one, not much.

Will Zehring

P.S.  Quote for the evening, overheard at the Porsche display: "For that
price, I'd buy the Jaguar."