Re: My MGB is in drydock

To: hld@inel.gov (douglas l. heiser)
Subject: Re: My MGB is in drydock
From: Tim Dziechowski <timd@hitu.enet.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 95 14:31:11 EST
Douglas L. Heiser wrote:
>>Sandro & TerriAnne Suggested
>>>Sooo here'some thoughts for people who got sucked into a complete
>restoration.
>>>You NEED:
>>> [snip]
>>>% Old blanket, or large cardboard sheet to lay on while under the car to keep
>>>the cold away.
>>
>>Carpeting works well for this, too.
>>
>>% Garage
>>
>>If you get a garage, make sure that you have easy access to electricity.
>>The building I live in doesn't have any outlets in the garage. Then again,
>>it's a condo and they probably decided against electricity to keep people
>>like me from getting too deeply involved in auto work. :)
>
>Well, these can both be taken care of by a single minor modification to your
>home. Take out that unsightly living room window and replace it with a door
>(say 7x9ft). You have a heated, carpeted workspace.... Just check with your
>wife/husband first...

A friend of mine lives in a deconsecrated church.  When he decided to restore
his LIC, he put planks on the steps, drove it in for the winter, and took it
apart in the area where the pews used to be.  It was interesting visiting him
while this was going on...we'd sit in the car (he had no furniture), watch the
TV on the bonnet, and drink beer.

OB britcar...he was best man at my wedding, and the first two cars were both
ragtops, my Midget followed by his Alfa.  The reception was in his church/house.

timd@hitu.enet.dec.com  (Tim Dziechowski - '79 Midget)