Re: Datsun carbs, TR6 Wishbone brackets & Wire wheels

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Datsun carbs, TR6 Wishbone brackets & Wire wheels
From: RLDesign@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 1994 15:37:00 -0500
> It was *rumored* that the first 240Z engine was a
> direct bolt to bolt TR6 including the automatic
> transmission.

The six used the datsun z-cars was an almost direct copy (or "influenced by")
of the SOHC six used in mercedes sedans of the sixties. I (to my regret, and
the only non-LBC I've owned) had a 220S of 1962 vintage for a few months,
while a friend had a 280Z. Opening the bonnets side-by-side would give a
patent infringement lawyer pause to consider a very big fee.