Probe Starter Motor

To: British-Cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Probe Starter Motor
From: Bwfox@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 1994 16:25:35 -0500
Sorry there is no LBC content to this post but after several weeks I have
finally got around to checking this one out.  As the owner of one of the
first
Ford Probes built (Sept of 88) the thought of a $900 starter motor had me
worried.  Mine now has 103,000 miles on it, and new-starter- motor-day
could happen any time.  Sooooooo, I stopped at my local Ford store today
and asked.  "You won't believe this, they cost $605 for a rebuilt motor".
sez the service manager.  "The good news is that there is only 1.5 hours
of labor involved ($71.00)."  Guess the rumors are true.  I know there
is one of our number who works at FoMoCo.  Even though this is a Mazda
(I assume) starter motor, how can they possibly cost that kind of money?

Cheers,
Barry W. Fox      Bwfox@aol.com     65 TR4A (cheap starter motor)
                                                       89 Ford Probe
(notsocheap starter motor)