Janspeed intake/ THe Maxi

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Janspeed intake/ THe Maxi
From: Christopher Ball <triumph@io.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 1994 12:27:00 -0500 (EST)
I would think that it's 90% sure that it's a hot water line pick up
to let the water run through those two pipes, thus warming the intake
manifold and helping to better vapourise (atomize) the fuel mix.
My original Spit 1500 intake had this setup and after going to the
WEber and TWM intake I notice that in really cold weather it takes a
few minutes to get happy.
Obviuosly those holes are not coneected to the intake ports ! It's just
inheriting the heat.

The Maxi that doesnt run well after a short sit sounds like the fuel in
the carbs or fuel pump is perking from heat wafting up from the engine.
A heat shield of sorts will go a long way to solve this, either shielding
the units themsleves or shileding the manifold. Hope this helps.
It's a very common problem.

Christopher  Ball  triumph@io.org   Toronto, Ont. (416) 751-8300 Work
75 Spitfire // 64 Healey 3000 Mk. III // 59 TR3A //66 BSA Thunderbolt