Re: Webers

To: randy@taylor.infi.net (randy wilson)
Subject: Re: Webers
From: Tim Dziechowski <timd@hitu.enet.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 94 14:09:50 EST
Randy writes about Weber DGV manifolds:
> VERY TRUE! Let me expand on that, and go a bit beyond the carb. On *major*
> part of "setting up" a carb is making sure the air/fuel mixture has a clean,
> easy path to every cylinder. The theories and practices of making a good
> intake manifold would fill a book (or two). But the one golden rule is NEVER
> have an uphill run. The weber manifolds for the Spit/Midget 1500 are uphill
> for their entire run. These things are terrible. The adapters used on
> the TR6 are worse. They have one run that is straight up.

Most of the Weber DGV aftermarket kits sold in the US come with a manifold
made by Pierce Manifolds of Gilroy, CA.  I have one of these conversions.
It's off the car at the moment and I can see that Randy is definitely correct
about the uphill fuel path.  I never rejetted the carb after installation
and my head is coked up beyond belief after not very many miles.
(Fun-filled miles though ;-)

Does anyone in the UK have experience with/a source for a Weber intake manifold
which is better than the Pierce product?  Does Janspeed make a DGV manifold?

Does anyone in New England have a line on a (preferably Boston area) dyno
operator who is Weber savvy and can help me get the DGV rejetted?

thanks
timd@hitu.enet.dec.com  (Tim Dziechowski - '79 Midget 1500)
"who wishes his Weber carb wasn't constantly depressing...  ;-( "