Re: Midget dynamo-to-alternator conversion

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget dynamo-to-alternator conversion
From: fickes@taurus.apple.com (Stan Fickes)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 10:49:44 -0800
[Damian asked for help with an electrical problem]
>Hi,
>The Irish winter (wet, dark and windy) has taken its toll once again on the
>battery of my '72 Midget, presently in daily use, so I figure changing the
>dynamo to an alternator may be a good idea.

Is there someone out there who can explain in layman's terms why an
alternator is better than a generator for the battery?  I have heard this
stated before, and couldn't think of any reason...  Thanks!!  sf

Stan Fickes                    British Cars
Wireless Communications        1951 MGTD (under construction) NEMGTR 10492
Advanced Technology Group      1965 Austin-Healey Sprite (daily driver)
Apple Computer, Inc.
408 974-7653