It's not a &*%^&* MG!!!

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: It's not a &*%^&* MG!!!
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 1994 16:09:51 -0500 (EST)
Yeah, I sure think its great.  We spend a kazillion dollars and hours
getting a Bugeye or Humber Super Snipe just about perfect, and the great
unwashed multitudes pull up along side and ask, "What year MG is that?"
For them, "MG" has become a generic name for any car they don't recognize.

For years, I've been pondering whether to get a vanity plate and if I got
one, what I could put on it that I would not regret in a couple of months.
 VT used to only allow 5 letters/numbers, which was pretty hopeless, but
now they allow 7.

I see little point in a plate that only has meaning for the owner, so if I
bother to personalize my plate, I want something that at least some other
motorists can figure out and be entertained by.  I mean, I saw a lady at
the grocery store loading kids and shopping into a van with "EWESRUS" on
the plate.  I said, "Let me guess.  Either you raise sheep, or else you
lend money at high interest rates, right?" She said, "Neither; our name is
Wool and we have 4 girls." For this, she pays extra?

ANYway, somebody named (what else) Kermit already has "KERMIT," and a
friend has "SPRITE" and I suspect all the reasonable variants of Bugeye or
Frogeye are taken.  I toyed with ways to fit an equivalent of "Anal
Retentive" into 7 letters, but couldn't.  If CA allows 8 letters, and
anyone there is interested and qualifies, NLRE10IV comes pretty close.

Not you, Roland, anyone who drives a Cobra around with no paint on it
probably does not qualify.

The thing about MGs has sparked an idea for a decent plate.  How about:

NOTANMG  or MG-NOT

Forgive me, it's Friday.

Ray  "Plate for man with no children: NECESTPA" Gibbons