no key for MG

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: no key for MG
From: danielso@unlinfo.unl.edu (jim danielson)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 16:04:43 -0600 (CST)
I just acquired the remains of a 1976 MG rubber bumpered Midget.  The
engine and trans are gone and there are rust holes in almost every
panel  i.e. a great parts car for what I need.  It is up on tires
and will roll around EXCEPT the stearing is locked and there is no key.
I know its a long shot, but does the door or trunk key work.  I could
remove one these parts and take it to locksmith.  Or is there way to
drill etc the lock out. Or are all or many Midget keys alike.
Suggestions please.