Re: No Oil Pressure

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No Oil Pressure
From: dalfano@trbl14.dnet.ge.com
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 94 17:20:05 EST
Wmccull  Sorry I don't have your name...

Seems to me that you should try to prime the pump without turning the
entire engine over.  Not sure if it is possible on your engine, it is on
a TR6.  If you truly don't have OP think what you are doing to your new
bearings, rings, and valve train.  Hope you didn't install a new came.
Try to prime and check your gauge.  Remove the fitting from the gauge
to see if oil is actually getting to that point (you can do this at
the engine).

Next subject:  A few folks had bashed me for my comments on gasket
re-torquing.  The reason you re-torque is to re-establish the proper
bolt stretch and maintain even torque.  If the torque is at or near
the specified value, then re-torquing may over-torque slightly. But,
your torque is not where it should be, or you would not have to re-
torque at all.  Makes sense put in the proper perspective.

Oh by-the-way, my machinist agrees with my point.  He has 25 yrs
in the business and does great work.

One parting question...  How many of you TR6 owners have teflon
valve seals installed, how about any valve seals???

Don

71 340 Challenger ragtop
79 302 Mustang Cobra
74 TR6 with teflon valve seals