Re: Armorall

To: british-cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Armorall
From: Steven Jackson <Steven_Jackson.LOTUS@crd.lotus.com>
Date: 25 Oct 94 16:58:38 ES
>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 1994 10:08:12 -0600
>From: Charles.Y.Farwell@att.com
>Subject: Re: Armorall

 >So what does one use instead? I've heard good things about
 >something called "Formula 2001" (I think). Anyone heard of it?

>Charlie Farwell
>1962 TR4 #CT3852L

Zymol Vinyl.

I've also run into problems with Armorall in my Toyota MR2. I don't use
Armorall since I've long ago found it ineffective, but the previous owner of my
MR2 had used it all over the place and in many of these places it's left a
residue that I'm slowly working off, but it has damaged some of the clear
plastics, leaving them with opaque blotches.

I've had spectacular results from the Zymol products I've used:  the car wax
starter kit -- which is the wash, the wax remover/cleaner, the wax -- and their
vinyl product. I first bought a Zymol start kit in the hope that I'd found a
superior product to preserve the like-new original finishes (factory drips,
overspray, and all) of my TVRs, my '76 M and '85 280i. The results with the car
wash/cleanser/wax kit was nothing short of incredible, so I bought the Zymol
vinyl product. Also, the results were incredible. It doesn't streak or get
sticky or build a residue, lasts a very long time, and like all the other Zymol
products, it feels nice to use, smells like tropical oils, and leaves the most
wonderful silky feel with everything it's used on.

I'd first seen Zymol products used during one of my periodic visits to Paul
Russell & Co. I was chatting with folks there about the restoration of Ralph
Lauren's spectacular Bugatti 57 Atlantic Electron supercharged coupe (It's not
British, but it has to be one of the most magnificent cars ever built, and the
restoration was equally magnificent). They had waxed the already perfect black
Glasurit paint with a Zymol wax specially blended for the paintwork of that
car. The cost of this special Zymol formulation was astronomical. Zymol
products aren't cheap (though the regular kits are an order of magnitude less
costly than the custom blend used on Ralph's Bugatti), but I've been waxing two
TVR's a couple times a season for about three years now, and at the rate I'm
using the wax, I'll need to buy more in about 20 years.

Zymol isn't paying me, I just really like the products I've used.

- Steven