Re: Big Healey

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Subject: Re: Big Healey
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 1994 14:31:16 -0400 (EDT)

And TeriAnn wrote:

> George,
>
> Your are right of course, but my first reaction was to tell him not to
bother

George and TeriAnn both spoke wisdom of the ages.  Unless this is the
proverbial "My son bought it just before he went to Viet Nam and I have
kept it all these years would $400 be too much?" cars, you should probably
not even think about buying it and restoring it.  If you have not lusted
for one of these cars, you will soon get tired of the work and the cost.
If you start with a typical $400 big Healey (if there is such a thing),
and do the work right, you'll probably spend far more than you could get
upon selling it.

I am surprised, however, that nobody has asked for the particulars of the
car.  If it is a genuinely restorable car, it should be worth more than
$400.  If you're honest about it, there is no dishonor in buying it and
selling it on at a profit.  Or if you have no need of money, you might
just want to see that someone gets it who will restore it, or if it is too
far gone, use the parts.  In short, a prime concern should be to see that
it finds a good home, either to be restored or to be an organ donor.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910