Re: TR7/8 (Austin 1100/Mini ??) CV joint boot

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR7/8 (Austin 1100/Mini ??) CV joint boot
From: Duncan Bryan <bryan@Roborough.gpsemi.COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 1994 12:36:38 +0100
*The boot covering the front CV joint on the prop shaft is gone. When I
**mentioned this the first time, I got a mesage from Phil Johnstone (I hope
*I got your name right) about using an Austin 1100/Mini/Morris Minor boot,
*along with the Wedge Tip on how to install it. A question on this: from
*the description, it sounds like the rear CV joint, which doesn't really
*have a boot in the usual sense, but more like a fancy grommet. Was this for
*the *rear* joint? Are CV joint boots for Minis flat, or do they look like
*regular CV joint boots? I'd like to know before I continue my search, in
*that I'd like to ensure that I'm looking for the right part.

Sorry. I'm confused. A CV joint on a propshaft? Don't you mean a UJ
( Universal joint as opposed to a constant velocity joint? ) Yes they are
different.

Mini CV boots ae not flat. They are.. well... CV boot shaped.

Incidentally an Austin 1100 is completely different to a mini.

Sorry I can't help you find one of these, I'm sure someone else can recommend
a localish supplier.

DB