RE : stereotypes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE : stereotypes
From: Greg Johnson <JOHNSONG@ac.dal.ca>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 1994 10:04:14 -0300
>Talked with my local LBC parts dealer the other day, and he says the vast
>majority (like 90%) of his customers are old guys who wanted one of these
>cars in high school but couldn't have one.  They now buy one, restore it
>to like new, and keep it in garage, driving once or twice a year.  He
>says this is in marked contrast to ten-fifteen years ago, when most of
>his customers were **young college guys and gals using their cars for
>everyday transport.**  As a result, he sells more body and interior parts,

        Add me to the "young college guys" list; I'm sure there is about
a half dozen of us in the Halifax area.  (N.S., Canada)

>Subject: British Cars in the Autumn

>Fellow netters;

>Well, here I am at work on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I can think of
>better places to be, but I did volunteer to do duty at our Open House.

>The Spit is in the courtyard upstairs, on display, with a Cadillac
>Eldorado convert parked next to it. What a difference. I think mine is
>more fun though.

>At least the weather cleared, and the drive home will be enjoyable.

>Later,

>Doug Mitchell - A clear sky, a *warm day* and a roadster. Heaven on earth.

        It was a clear sky yesterday , but the temp couldn't have been
much more than 5 degrees celsius ( CLOSER TO ZERO with the windchill). I
contemplated a roadtrip through the autumn leaves, but opted to
clean the garage, etc..., as I may be catching a cold.. :<

        I guess I feel a little silly to be driving around with the top
down with a winter jacket and tuque.  Maybe it's a young, macho, college
guy thing....  My limit seems to be around 8 degrees sans chapeau.

Any cold weather, top down stories out there (you gues that don't even
have a top don't count!  ;>   )

from the GREAT WHITE NORTH..

Greg

'72 MGB