Re: TR4AIRS master cylinders bracket

To: heyer@imdm.uke.uni-hamburg.d400.de, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4AIRS master cylinders bracket
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 94 12:08:01 -0700
In message <58*/S=heyer/OU=imdm/OU=uke/PRMD=uni-hamburg/ADMD=d400/C=de/@MHS>
Daniel Heyer writes:
> Back to THE NET again after finishing my specialization in radiology,
> and deep into some restoration problems:
>
> Due to a certain lack of care of the PO and a certain amount of battery
> acid and/or brake fluid, the paint on the mounting brackets for
> the master brake/-clutch cylinder assembly has oxidized to an uncertain
> colour long ago. Now I wonder if someone could tell me what colour they
> had originally: the underhood = body colour (brg in my case) or
> underhood black? Every book I own seems to neglect this part of
> the motor bay in its photographs.
>
> Any comments welcome,
>
> Daniel
> Dr. Daniel Heyer                      | Dept. of Radiology
> E-Mail: heyer@imdm.uke.uni-hamburg.de | Univ. Hospital Eppendorf
> voice +40 4717 4010 fax +40 4717 4517 | 20246 Hamburg,Germany
> +65 TR4A IRS, originally in conifer green, black interior
> Commission # CTC 50932 LO

Daniel,
My expertiese is with TR3s but I believe the colours apply to TR4s as well

Engine compartment, including underside of bonnet colour of body.
Brake & clutch pedal & mounting assy & fluid resavour are black
Bracket for mounting windscreen wiper motor is black.  Wiper motor gray metal
finish at both ends and gear box at end of motor.  Middle of wiper motor crinkle
black.

If you want authenticity, brake lines painted colour of body except tubes
between master cylinders and resavour.  Bolt heads colour of body, and unpainted
where attaching brake assy & wiper assy.

Let me know what else you need

TeriAnn Wakeman        Large format photographers look at the world
twakeman@apple.com     upside down and backwards
LINK: TWAKEMAN
408-974-2344                         TR3A - TS75519L,
                       MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, Land Rover 109 - 164000561