Re: MG tranny and coil questions, revisited

To: Will Zehring <wzehring@cmb.biosci.WAYNE.EDU>
Subject: Re: MG tranny and coil questions, revisited
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 1994 04:32:09 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 23 Aug 1994, Will Zehring wrote:

> Occasionally I seek the advice of John Twist at University Motors in not so
> far away Grand Rapids.  He sets aside an hour at mid-day to handle telephone
> inquiries.  Most calls are short and sweet, and this fellow has had oodles
> of experience with the MG marque.  I just phoned him regarding my recent
> postings on proper fluids in the MGB tranny and on wiring up the coil.  So,
> for the record, here is what he has to say:
>
> [tranny oil stuff deleted]
>
> On the (+) earth coil:  (+) electrode is the white w/black wire and the (-)
> electrode is the white wire.

That's right.  On a typical Lucas wiring system, the white/black wire
runs from the points to the coil.  On your positive ground car, it should
connect to the positive (+) terminal.

I haven't talked to John in years!  If you call him again, tell him I
said hello.  Also tell him to get an Internet account and join the list.
His expertise would be useful to have on line.

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
feold@umd5.umd.edu    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)