Re: whereabouts of MGTF requested....

To: "CHRISTOPHER J. WIGGINS" <wiggins@mrcbs.med.yale.edu>
Subject: Re: whereabouts of MGTF requested....
From: Chip Old <feold@umd5.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 22:24:53 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 16 Aug 1994, CHRISTOPHER J. WIGGINS wrote:

> I was talking to a family friend last weekend. It seems he once owned an MGTF,
> and sold it some years ago to someone who gave some story about buying it for
> their daughter, and then sold it at a profit. The family friend bought it from
> new, I beleive, in europe, and has all sorts of interesting tales about its
> early days. He would greatly appreciate knowing where it now resides, and I
> am sure will return with lots of great stories. Hence if anyone knows where
> the following car is:
>
>       1954 MG TF #514
>
> please let me know, and I will put you in contact with him.

Hmmm.  Something sounds familiar about that chassis number.  You might
want to contact:

 Richard L. Knudson, Chairman
 New England MG 'T' Register
 Drawer 220
 Oneonta, NY 13820

If that TF is registered with the NEMGTR (and there's a high probability,
if it still exists), then Dick may be able to put you in touch with the
current owner.

Chip Old              1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
feold@umd5.umd.edu    1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily transportation)