TVR for sale (Looks like a great deal)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TVR for sale (Looks like a great deal)
From: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 1994 15:00:22 -0500 (CDT)
I came upon an ad for a 1973 TVR 2500M for sale on a forsale newsgroup, and
traded a couple of messages with the owner.  Were I not so far away, I'd be
interested; but this has the potential to be a really good deal for someone
in the northeast.  If you're interested, the sellers e-mail address is
included below.
Original ad:

=1973 TVR 2500M.  Silver w/ black interior and sunroof.  Body in great
=condition, engine needs some work.  Must sell.  $2100 OBO.

>Where are you located?  What type of work does the engine need?  Which
>engine does this one have (is it the TR6 engine? --- I have a spare one.)
>

>thanks-
>
>Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
>                 daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  (409) 845-3726

Lee,

I'm located in Laurel, MD. which is about 30 minutes outside Wash., DC.
The engine is in fact a TR6 engine.  I just had it completely checked over
at a shop that specializes in British cars and was a bit discouraged by the
results.  That's why the price is so low.  The bad news:  It has bad
starter solenoid and clutch cylinder is leaking fluid.  Not being
knowledgeable on auto mechanics, I don't know what it will cost to have
these things fixed.  The car has been running good despite this.  However,
it is not being driven now because my wife and I have separated (it was
bought for her) and I am unable to drive it since I am in a wheelchair.
So, I am very interested in selling it ASAP to someone who can get some use
out of it.

If you are interested, or know of anyone else that might be, I can send you
a photo.  As I said befor, the body is in real good shape and if given a
little engine work could be back in top form.

Hope to hear back from you.

Thanks!

-PAT

      .---.        .-----------
     /     \  __  /    ------
    / /     \(  )/    -----
   //////   ' \/ `   ---
  //// / // :    : ---  Patrick Schwabenbauer...pschwab@strfleet.gsfc.nasa.gov
 // /   /  /`    '--      NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
//          //..\\         Phone: (301) 286-1558 or (301) 490-2962
           '//||\\`        E-mail:  pschwab@strfleet.gsfc.nasa.gov
             ''``
Op

Op
Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding   Texas A&M
 daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409) 845-9351
Op
Op