Re: Should a TR6 accelerate smoothly in 4th at 1750 RPM?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Should a TR6 accelerate smoothly in 4th at 1750 RPM?
From: markus@samba.zfe.siemens.de (Markus Radlhammer)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 1994 10:33:32 --100
Hello,

> Should a TR6 accellerate smoothly in 4th gear from about 1750 RPM?

It actualy should accelerate from about 1000 RPM up in 4th smooth, but not with
full power (the good torque beginns at about 2000 RPM's).
I've got this problem with my TR6 (carb.) too. This is mostly a ignition
problem.
(it was with mine) but may be a carb problem, too.
If it's a ignition problem it can be solved easely by changing sprac plugs and
ignition wires. Carbs must be adjusted, too. But there may be more serious
problems
that cause these symtoms.

Markus