Re: Canadian orders

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (SOL as always)
Subject: Re: Canadian orders
From: Jody Levine <jody.p.levine@hydro.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 May 1994 11:51:42 -0400
>anyways be careful with the UPS, I strongly urge you to not use UPS but
>have the parst sent by regular surface mail.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

UPS charges a flat fee, then another based on the value of the product, then
GST on all that, they often don't get the duty right (I've had endless
trouble with them), and you can't pick up the part from the drug store up
the road if you're not around. Canada Post's brokerage fee is a flat $5
after which is just duty & GST no extra handling fees, and they seem to
understand the customs laws. If the part is cheap enough, like the $12 window
seal that was backordered by TRF, they don't even bother sending it to
customs (don't know how this works) and there's no handling fee at all.
UPS also has horrible tracking despite their barcodes and all the hype.
They even persisted in trying to send me a package (cards, phone calls
threatening to return it to the US) a week after they dropped it off with
my neighbour! The real kicker is that the post office is actually faster!

I've yet to order anything from Victoria British as they insist that they
get to choose which way to ship. UPS is to expensive and annoying that
I hesitate to leave that to chance, even if they would agree over the
phone to ship parcel post...

Jody "the only good thing about UPS are their cute trucks" Levine