Re: Was GT6, could be TVR!!!! Help!

To: Tom.Beatty@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Was GT6, could be TVR!!!! Help!
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 10:50:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 19 May 1994 Tom.Beatty@usask.ca wrote:

> have seen, I MUST HAVE IT).
>
> I would just love to have a TVR, the problem is that I am having a hard time
> convincing the wife that I need to spend 2 to 3,000 $ on a GT6, how could I
>
> Well, the guy is asking $8800 for the car. I plan to go see it this weekend.

> on these cars. (It wouldn't hurt if you could give me some tips on how to
> convince my wife its a good idea and that I could not possibly live without
>it)
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom "I could be divorced by the weekend" Beatty

Can't help you on the car, but I fancy I can offer advice on spouses.
Explain to spouse that divorce would most likely cost more than $8800 just
for legal fees, never mind property settlement and alimony.  If that does
not work, put binder on car, then divorce, then buy car.  That's the
sensible way.  If you buy the car first, it is marital property and you
have to buy half of it again :-(.  Before the list jumps on me for this, I
want to point out I am just kidding.  I'd never suggest divorcing just to
get a car one wants.  Well, perhaps, if it is a really nice car....

I theorize that the marriages that last and are a joy are the ones where
the woman thinks of the spouse as a little boy who never grew up, likes
that boyishness, nurtures it, and at the same time manages somehow to
convince him she considers him a model of maturity and good judgment.
This woman would smile at your eagerness to own the only TVR in town, help
you find the money, and tell you how sensible she thinks you are for
investing in a solid vintage car that won't depreciate instead of some
econobox.  What is the man's responsibility in a good marriage?  Uh, man's
responsibility... is that an oxymoron?  ;-)

Although I have not met her, my tentative role model for this ideal spouse
is presently married, to Scott Fisher.  Have your wife read how Kim wants
to help rebuild the B's engine.

Ray Gibbons