Was GT6, could be TVR!!!! Help!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Was GT6, could be TVR!!!! Help!
From: Tom.Beatty@usask.ca
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 08:42:40 -0600 (CST)
Well, in my seemingly endless search for a decent GT6 I stumbled across
a 1974 TVR Vixen 54,000 miles. Believe it or not, it actually is here in
Saskatoon. (pretty sure it is the only one in town, and if it is the one I
have seen, I MUST HAVE IT).

I would just love to have a TVR, the problem is that I am having a hard time
convincing the wife that I need to spend 2 to 3,000 $ on a GT6, how could I
possibly convince her to let me spend just over twice that on a TVR?
I could put the money together, things would be tight for a while but who cares.

Well, the guy is asking $8800 for the car. I plan to go see it this weekend.
While I have always loved TVR's I know little about them. Is this a reasonable
price for a 1974? What should I pay particularly close attention too with TVR's.
Do they have any major trouble spots? I would really appreciate any input
on these cars. (It wouldn't hurt if you could give me some tips on how to
convince my wife its a good idea and that I could not possibly live without it)

Thanks

Tom "I could be divorced by the weekend" Beatty