LBC weather here...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC weather here...
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 1994 10:39:13 -0500 (EST)
Dear Scions,

Teri-Ann's and Roland's descriptions of perfect lbc weather on the left
coast were in my mind this morning.  Yesterday, the NWS predicted 3 to 5
inches of new snow in the valley along Lake Champlain, here in NW Vermont.

Apparently the storm center swerved, or didn't swerve, or stalled, or
didn't, for we got somewhere between 15 and 20 inches yesterday and last
night.  The snow plow plowed was angled toward my parking area, and there
was a 6 ft. wide well-packed snowbank 3 feet deep behind my car this
morning, and drifts up to the windows between cars.  I had to borrow a
shovel to shovel my way to my car, where I wisely keep my shovel.

So, yes, I stood there, up to my bum (not my fanny, I know better now) in
snow, thinking what an absolutely perfect day it is for a LBC, provided that
LBC is a Land Rover.

Ray

P.S. With 20 inches of snow, travel is rough today in VT.  Several
schools are closed or will open late, and some folks are as much as a
half-hour to an hour late for work ;*) (note frosty nose).

P.P.S.  An observation on sex differences in removing cars from snowbanks.
Based on 45 minutes of unbiased scientific observation, I can report that
100% of female drivers patiently clean the car and spend 20 minutes
shoveling a wide path for it right down to bare asphalt.  They then drive
away.  88.7% of male drivers shovel for a bit, then fling the shovel in a
snowbank, start the car, and spend a good half hour trying to bash their
way out, before resuming shoveling.  The remaining 11.3% of men take one
look at the car, then call in sick.  I am at work, so you know what group
I'm in.