Faking electric motor brushes (last resort)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Faking electric motor brushes (last resort)
From: Mark V Grieshaber <mvgrie@shute.monsanto.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 94 12:11:07 CST
TeriAnn said:

> My wiper motor is in very good condition except one of the brushes is history.
> Moss and the Roadster Factory have a brush set listed as NLA!!!!.  Does anyone
> have a source for brushes for the Lucas wiper motor?

Though I agree that original brushes are always best, I have had success in
the past with adapting other motor brushes to my purpose.  In my case (67
Sprite) I used Volkswagen generator brushes as being the most nearly similar
I could find on short notice.  A bit of careful work with a flat sheet of
sandpaper, frequent checking for fit, and voila!  PseudoLucas brushes!

Mark
mvgrie@shute.monsanto.com