Radar and others.

To: British cars <British-cars@autox.team.net>, Lotus <lotus-cars@netcom.com>
Subject: Radar and others.
From: "Zust, Fred" <FZust@admin.clemsonsc.NCR.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 94 10:48:00 PST
To preface, I live in South Carolina, normally a warm area.  We had snow,
and it sanded and plowed off the highways,  covering most of the speed limit
signs.  Even when it melted, the sand and residue obscured the signs.  I was
going home, driving 72mph in a 65 zone, when I see the blue lights in my
mirror.  I pull over and the cop tells me that I have been in a 55mph zone
for about 1/2 a mile.  I get a steep $80 ticket for 72 in a 55 zone.  Of
course, this destroys a perfect driving record, and raises my insurance
about $600 a year.  The thing that pisses me off, is that all it was was a
trap.  It wasn't the cop trying to keep dangerous people off the road, he
was filling his quota.  He was perched right on the edge of a speed change,
by a sign that was covered and unreadable!  Of course this a matters not, I
will pay the ticket, try to get the points reduced, and get on with life.
 Since I can't drive legally without getting nailed,  Can anyone shed some
light, on the best Radar/Laser detectors?  What about Radar Jammers, you see
advertised in the back of magazines?  What are the most cost effective
solutions.  What about the Radar Bras for cars that  reduce the radar
signature? HELP!

Fred(Lost in a Lotus-less Land)Zust  Fred.Zust@clemsonsc.ncr.com
803-843-5163