Re: 3.9 in a Spit

To: british-cars@team.net (british-cars)
Subject: Re: 3.9 in a Spit
From: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 94 9:51:00 MST
John sez...
{A fellow named Roger Smith (I believe) had an E-Mod (autocross)
{GT-6 that he'd stuffed a 3.5 V-8 into.  This was in Boulder, CO
{a couple of years ago.  Anyone out there seen this car recently?
{Since it was a race only car, the interior had been stripped
{out as had all the glass, etc.  It was basically a GT-6 shell
{with a monster V8 in front, big slicks, fiberglass bonnet, etc.
{It really went like stink, though.

I'm not sure it's the same one, but there's a white race-only spitfire
(no top, ugly square rollbar, mini windshield, air-cleaner thru the
hood) with a 3.5 V8 in it that lives at the bottom of the NCAR mesa,
down the street from some friends of ours.  I saw it once at a local
autocross and later sitting in it's garage.

Being built for speed rather than beauty, the end product was rather
hard to look at.  But it does pick 'em up and put 'em down.

/\      Lawrence Buja           Climate and Global Dynamics Division
  \_][  southern@ncar.ucar.edu  National Center for Atmospheric Research
      \_________________________Boulder,_Colorado___80307-3000__________