Re: Seats (TR4)

To: passaret@sol.med.ge.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seats (TR4)
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 94 12:04:14 -0800
In message <9401181812.AA11636@sol.med.ge.com> "Mr. Mike" Passaretti x7-4485
writes:
> I'm considering buying a seat foam kit for Sonja this year.
> Has anyone on the list ever done one of these?  The PO did
> the vinyl, but he didn't do the foam, which is quickly becoming
> powder.  Is it even possible to do the foam without screwing up
> the vinyl?  I've looked at the seats, and it _looks_ possible.
> I should wait until I have time to try to pull them apart, but
> I'm swamped at work right now and will be for a couple of months.
> Any words of support out there?
>
>                                               -MM

Mike,
I don't believe you are supposed to have foam under the seat covers on a TR4.  I
think it is the same as a 3 with cotton padding & that horse hair stuff.

The Roadster Factory makes a kit of set stuffing that has all the interior stuff
that goes inside the seat.  You might consider treating Sonja with a real treat,
leather seats and correct stuffing.

Take care,

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561