Re: MGB tire size

To: lrc@red4est.felton.ca.us, britcars@red4est.felton.ca.us,
Subject: Re: MGB tire size
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 94 09:05:11 -0800
In message  <9401171637.aa16265@scruz.ucsc.edu>  writes:

> Again, questions on what tires to get for my new toy.
> What reccomendations do people have for tire size on
> a primarily street, occasionally driving school MGBGT.
> 185, 195, 205 -60 -14 or 205-55-14.
> I'm guessing that 195-60-14 is probably the way to go.
>
>      Larry

Larry,
What wheels have you got on? The stock wheels are very narrowand may not be able
to handle the 195s.

I put 15" 5-1/2 inch wide wheels on my BGT.  I have 195-60-15 on the wider
wheels.  Front clearence is good, and rear clearence is OKish as long as you are
not carrying anything or hitting corners hard.  I had to cut off the inner rear
wheel arch flanges to keep from rubbing on corners with my room mate in the car.

Driving school in a B?  It will be interesting to hear what you do to the
suspension.

Take care,

TeriAnn

TeriAnn Wakeman             One of these days, I'll be old enough that
twakeman@apple.com          people will stop calling me crazy and start
LINK: TWAKEMAN              calling me eccentric.
408-974-2344        TR3A - TS75519L, MGBGT - GHD4U149572G, 109 - 164000561