Re: Doppler, Schmoppler......and nit-picking

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Doppler, Schmoppler......and nit-picking
From: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 93 10:58:13 CST
----- Begin Included Message -----

From: phile@stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
To: tooze@vinny.cecer.army.mil (Marcus Tooze)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1993 10:36:53 -0600 (CST)
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net

Marcus Tooze writes>
> Red-out occurs with negative G, called so because of blood rushing
> to the head. Just before blackout due to +ve G you get 'greyout'
> a weird sought of tunnel vision with no color before you pass out.
>
> Marcus 'ex-RAF pilot, been there done that and was very sick' Tooze

Since you lie down on a racing kart, sudden acceleration will cause the
blood to rush to your head.

Phil "ask me the time and I will tell you how to make a watch" Ethier

----- End Included Message -----

Very true, I was commenting on the mix up of use of terms. i.e.,
grey out, not red out, occurs before blackout. This, however has
nothing to do with the doppler effect which was being discussed.

I've never raced karts, but you must be looking at serious accelleration
to cause blood to the head...red out (blood rush) occurs at around
negative 4 to 5 G, or about ~50 meters per second per second accelleration
(i think) in a plane. I don;t know whether its still true, but the
Harrier (jump jet) was at one time the fastest accellrating (0-100mph)
'thing' around....somrthing like 1.9 to 2 seconds! Man, I can tell you
taking of in even the 2-seater trainer version clears your sinus's out!
BUT, I know form. 1 cars can get you a couple (maybe 3)
G's around fast corners..prob. same for karts??

Wah Hoooooooooo....I wanna do some karting now!!!!!

LBC content: I wanted to take my block and crankshaft to bed last night
but my other half would not agree...it's all so preety and clean, I just
sat and stared at it last night for a couple of hours.

This is getting too weird!

Marcus