Triumphs Only

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british cars list)
Subject: Triumphs Only
From: asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Adrian Jefferies)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1993 10:31:51 +0000 (GMT)
hi

Tried to send this privately but it bounced. Anyhow:

I used to give Triumphs Only a lot of business when I lived in CA.

On the whole I did pretty well, but it all depends on the attitude
of the guy who owns the place - whose name I forget. (Wayne?) They've got a
junkyard too I think.

The approach you need is to be an "ok guy" in their eyes - even if
the bill makes you weep. They are capable of performing excellent work;
they produced a concours winning TR3A some years ago, admittedly it was for
Wayne.  Appear interested in their shop, show sympathy for bounced
cheques, dud suppliers, irate customers. Ask to have a look & talk
to the mechanics - they had a couple of real ok guys, one was a young British
guy & was very clued up, another was a "good old boy" type who liked
bikes.

I did ok because I got lots of bits from the junkyard - some parts I
got charged the earth for, occasionally it was free. It just depended
on whther Wayne had had a good day ...

Regards, Adrian
        asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk