Re: Re: Caterham seven images

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Caterham seven images
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 93 10:50:53 pdt
> From: Ben Hodson <hodsonb@prl.philips.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: Caterham seven images
> To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british cars listserver)
> Date: Wed, 22 Sep 93 9:05:03 BST
>
> Benjamin M. Levy has sent me the following information about the email server
> and the ftp site. It seems that this is the best way to go. I have put the
> piccy of my seven on hoosier.utah.edu in /pub/sol/GIFS as seven.gif. So if you
> have FTP access go for it. If you dont then I suggest you try the email method
> described below for people without FTP access :-(

Has anyone used the e-mail server successfuly to get this file?

I've tried twice.  I received the 12 uuencoded pieces but haven't been
able to display the processed gif file.  First I used a unix script that
strips out non uudecoded text then decodes, then I tried editing each
piece, concatinating them together and uudecoding.  No error messages
occurred during the decode but my gif viewers said the resulting file
wasn't in gif format.

Am I getting currupted files?  Are they really in gif format?