Re: TR2 and early TR3 starter

To: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Subject: Re: TR2 and early TR3 starter
From: jerry@tr2.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1993 18:45:40 +0000 (GMT)

> I haven't kept my eye on the availablility of the early TR starter...
>
> Question:  Are these starters realy gone?  Or are we just waiting for the next
> batch from some remanufacturing company?  If I sell one of the ones I have now
> will I be able to replace it if I need one later?  If I sell one now what is a
> fair price?

*** I think they're gone.  In fact, I needed to do some work on mine, and Moss
didn't even have the ``miscellaneous little parts'' kit for the drive section.
I wound up fabricating my own cup washer to go between the circlip and the
nose.

   On the plus side, there is now available a redesigned substitute for the
rubber drive puck.  The new part costs $40-$50, and is supposed to last
forever.

   Last year or so, I saw rebuilt starters in the British Frame & Engine
list for $160.  But I assume that was on an exchange basis, so I still
don't know how much a core is worth.

                               - Jerry
--
* Jerry Kaidor       jerry@tr2.com, jkaidor@synoptics.com     *
*                    KF6VB                                    *