Re: greasable ujoints

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: greasable ujoints
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1993 11:20:42 PDT
When I ordered QL15002s from TRF, they were non-greasable. Just as
well; I have one greasable one of the same size (from a local parts
house) and there's no way to make that long grease nipple clear. You
might replace it with a short one (any auto place should have it), but
I'm not sure that even that will fit.

I went with non-greasable ones. My driveshaft had greasable u-joints
with a plug in each nipple fitting; presumably one is meant to remove
the plug, insert the nipple, grease, and reverse. Since I was in a
hurry and didn't have a matched set of greasable u joints, I went with
non-greasable there, too.