Re: Totally unbelievable behaviour

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, noto@twg.com
Subject: Re: Totally unbelievable behaviour
From: zrol01@trc.amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 92 13:18:28 CST
In noto@twg.com's note, Teej attempts to atone for buying a BMW.

Well Teej,

Feel not ye guilty for drivin' thyne Beemer.  I am an
avid Jaguar owner and fan currently owning two XJ-S's with
an XJ-6L and a 3.8S in recent history.  Our family car is
an '86 Chevy Celebrity!  What can I say?  It works well, drives
OK, gets 24 miles/gal., has 4 doors, seats 6, is low milage,
is mechanically sound, is paid for and has the theft appeal of a
rotting tomato.  What a deal!  So what if I hate it?  Nancy
drives it and likes it!

As to the electrical problems in the XJ-6's, it sounds like
you 've found a few good ones.  Electrical problems are the
second most endearing feature of Jags, second only to their oil
leaks!

Anyhow, enjoy to B.

Rick

     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
  Amoco Production Research  /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
                            / /_/
                           /
My opinions are my own, untill they're worth something, at
which point they become the property of my employer...