Jag XJ-6 (Series I) heater motors

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Jag XJ-6 (Series I) heater motors
From: zrol01@trc.amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 92 11:13:39 CST
A friend of mine, Craig Jarchow, is repairing the electrical
system in his Series I, XJ-6.  Even when running correctly the
heater/air conditioner blower fans do not move enough air to
keep the car cool here in Oklahoma.  It appears that the problem
is not that the motors are undersize but more that the fans are
inefficient.  Additionally, the A/C unit produces adequately
cold evaporator coils reinforcing the 'quantity' of air flow
problem.

Do any of you know of after-market fans that improve the
efficiency?  Or for that matter, any solution to this problem
(short of moving North or selling the car)?  I post this note
for Craig because he is/was this summer, at the verge of selling
an otherwise beautifully restored car.  It's just too
uncomfortable here without adequate A/C.  All help is appreciated.

Rick
     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
  Amoco Production Research  /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
                            / /_/
                           /

Irresponsible rantings of the author alone. Any resemblance
to persons living or dead is just luck. May cause drowsiness.
Alcohol may intensify this effect. Pay no attention to the
man behind the curtain.