Re: LBCs on TV

To: lesnyd@monsanto.com
Subject: Re: LBCs on TV
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 92 12:39:29 CST
Larry E. Snyder writes >

>Maxwell Smart drove a Sunbeam Tiger at the beginning of the earlier episodes
>of Get Smart.

One of the big mass-producers of plastic 1/25 models (AMT?) put out a
Get Smart Tiger, with all the hidden machine guns and the like.  It was a
sort of bargain-basement 007 Aston-Martin.

>Later on, he drove a Karmann Ghia convertible

I don't remember this.  Maybe I outgrew Get Smart before the end of the series'
run.  Years later, my kids were watching the cartoon version,
"Inspector Gadget".  I didn't find his minivan as interesting as a Tiger.

>(man, I wonder if he noticed the SIGNIFICANT dropped in HP?).

He'd have to.  Adams can't be as oblivious as the character he played!

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105  w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
"Lower the Cone of Silence!"  - Maxwell Smart