neat car spotted

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: neat car spotted
From: lupienj@wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 92 09:37:03 EST
But what the heck was it?

It came up behind me on 128 this morning. In the rear-view, it looked like
a nicely smoothed version of a Datsun 240Z, with sharply angled rubber front
bumper. The engine lid (is that bonnet or hood?) was smooth except for a
slight power bulge offset to the right, rectangular in shape. The best I could
make out of the hood badge was that it was orange with wings... Then it passed
me and I saw the blocky-lettered "GT" on the front right clip. From the side
it looked like somewhere between a GT6 and a Jaguar E-Type, except for the
very squared-off rear hatch. A "GB" sticker finished off the markings - I
saw nothibng else. The paint was glossy black - it looked quite sharp.

Any ideas what I saw?

--
---
John R. Lupien