Re: Triumph Emissions tuning?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph Emissions tuning?
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee M. Daniels, Texas A&M)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1992 8:48:34 -0600 (CST)
kristian@cs.uchicago.edu writes:
>       I am going to be helping a friend get his '75 spit  passed
>the Illinios smog test.  He failed last time for too much CO.
 [...]
>       - frozen air pump
The air pump is the most important asset towards reducing CO in a
catalyst-fitted auto.  In order to turn the CO into CO2, the catalyst
requires a source of oxygen.  The air pump adds air (and therefore oxygen)
to the exhaust between the manifold and the catalyst so that the converter
can do its job.

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726