Thanks, TR3 Wiring

To: hoosier.utah.edu!british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Thanks, TR3 Wiring
From: gfd@akguc.att.com
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 92 09:03 EST
What a Net!  Thanks to all the SOL'ers including Rick Lindsay
Steve Bender, Andy Green and Pat Vilbrandt for their help.

With a volt/ohmeter and some of the other hints I've sorted
it all out. My 60 TR3 uses black as ground (earth), green/
white for RH and Green/red for LH rear turn indicators.

HELPFUL HINT, HELPFUL HINT, HELPFUL HINT, HELPFUL HINT

After I thought that I had everything correct, I used my
battery charger as a power source in place of the car
battery.  I set the current to 2 AMPS and turned on the
lights.  All lights glowed dimmly, but were on.  I
intentionly shorted-out one of the lamps, the rest
went dark and the charger hummed a little louder.
I then set the charger to 10 AMPS and everything lit
and signaled as it should.  I got so excited at the
red and crystal clear light reflecting off of my new
powder-blue Dupont Centauri that I turned off my garage
lights and admired the sight....So excited, heart pounding
goosebumps on my arms, I called out my wife to experience
the moment.....She said, "Hmmmm, nice. Take out the garbage."

Anyway, sorry I got carried away.  The point is that the
Battery charger limits the current when fooling around
with Lucas bits instead of 14 billion amps thru the wires
with the battery connected.

Thanks again.

George DeVeau
Bell Labs