Souper Seven

To: hoosier.cs.utah.edu!british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Souper Seven
From: jeb@mtqua.att.com
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 92 10:50 EST
>From the Oct. 19 issue of AutoWeek (yes, I'm behind in my reading):

"A horsepower race in Lotus Seven Replicas?  British sports car
builders Caterham and Westfield will each debut new sports cars
at the Birmingham Motor Show . . .

Caterham will introduce a light-weight Super Seven that uses a
modified Vauxhall 2.0-liter, 16-valve four-cylinder producing
250 hp.  The engine has been dropped into a 1190-pound Super
Seven, lightened via a stripped interior and carbon-fiber front
fenders.  A 4.5-second zero to 60 mph time is claimed."

Woo woo woo!!

Obligatory Bad News:  Only building 100, 60 kilbucks each.

Jim Beckman    att!mtqua!jeb      A-H 100, 1955