re: New TR7 head: worth? offers?

To: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU
Subject: re: New TR7 head: worth? offers?
From: whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 28 Oct 1992 10:16 EST
>A friend of mine has a brand-new, in-the-box TR7 head that he picked up in
>England a few years ago.  He sold the car before doing the work.  Any idea
>what it's worth?  Any offers?  He mentioned $425, but I don't know if
>that's a steal or a rip-off.  Was there only one head during the run of
>TR7's?  He owns a tire shop, and it's just taking up room, so he's probably
>open to reasonable negotiation.

I believe there are two heads.  There is a US spec head for carburetor
equipped TR-7s (1975-1980) and there is a US Fuel Injected/UK spec head.
The obvious difference between the two is that the US F.I./UK spec
head does not have the holes for the air injection plumbing from the
air pump (there's no air pump on F.I. cars).  I don't know if that
is the only difference.

As to price, check with TRF as they have new heads available and that
would certainly set the upper limit.

Standard Disclaimer- Any opinions, etc. are mine and NOT my employer's.
Note - If email replying to me with an automatic addressing process
bounces, manually address the resend using one of the addresses below.
Bill Sohl (K2UNK) BELLCORE (Bell Communications Research, Inc.)
Morristown, NJ             email via UUCP      bcr!dancer!whs70
201-829-2879 Weekdays      email via Internet  whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com