Re: TR6, Europa rear hub

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu,
Subject: Re: TR6, Europa rear hub
From: Cory Carpenter <coryc@sequent.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 92 21:41:28 -0800
Phile writes:

>There is a lot of traffic on the british-cars list about the rear hubs on
>Triumph IRS cars.
>
>Do TR6 or Spitfire rear hubs/bearings have anything in common with the parts
>or methods on Lotus Europas?  I have not yet attempted to do anything with
>mine, and I have never seen the TR stuff.  Should I be paying attention to
>these Triumph discussions?

Just on a guess:  You need only pay attention for general interest or to offer
moral support.  I've not looked at a Triumph hub either, but the Europa hubs
were not nearly as difficult to deal with as the TR bits seem to be (this
assumption is based on the tales of woe posted by TR-SOLers in this forum).

My belief is that everything in the Europa rear suspension is unique, with the
exception of the brake assembly and the possible exception of the brake
drum.  If there are any interchangeable parts, I for one would be
overjoyed to hear it!

-coryc

|    >> Disclaimer: I speak for Sequent only in our hardware manuals <<       |
|Cory R. Carpenter, Tech Writer |                                             |
|Sequent Computer Systems, Inc. | British sports cars are like Ross Perot:    |
|    coryc@sequent.com          | Sometimes they run, sometimes they don't.   |