3 1/4" I.D. Flexible Air Duct?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: 3 1/4" I.D. Flexible Air Duct?
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 92 17:15:27 pst
One really annoying thing about driving my snake is how hot it gets in
the cockpit during warm weather.  While this hasn't been too noticeable
during the current milder weather, I'm thinking about things I can do
about this before next summer.  I'm planning on adding some insulation
under the seats and to the transmission hump which should help some, but
that will be a bit of a job, requiring a lot of disassemble, which I'd
rather put off until the weather gets too crummy for regular driving.
One simple thing I can do right away is to hook up the fresh air vent on
the passenger side of the car.  This vent has been disconnected for
several years because the air duct between the front fresh air scuttle
and the firewall inlet/butterfly disintegrated.  I suspect this was
largely due to the fact that this ducting runs just above the battery
before reaching the firewall.  The ducting is similar to the type used
to vent clothes dryers.  It consist of plastic cloth-like material
stretched over a coil of wire.  The wire coil gives the ducting walls
rigidity while allowing routing flexibility.  I've seen similar ducting
in both auto parts and hardware stores.  Unfortunately, I can't find the
size I need.  It commonly comes in 3" and 4" diameters but what I need
is 3 1/4" inside diameter.  I can't believe this stuff was made in this
diameter solely for A.C.  Cars Ltd.  Surely other Brit cars used this
size?  None of the brochures or mini catalogs I've received from Moss
and TRF list this stuff in any size but I strongly suspect one or both
sell it.  Does anyone have a catalog number?

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com
CSX2282