Re: 1974 MG Midget - Paint

To: Paul Osborne <paul@ee.rochester.edu>
Subject: Re: 1974 MG Midget - Paint
From: Glenn Stauffer <stauffer@cc.swarthmore.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1992 10:43:54 -0500
At  9:31 AM 10/26/92 -0500, Paul Osborne wrote:

>> Roger:
>>
>> Thanks for the information on the MG Midget in response to my query on
>> colors.  You told me everything I needed to know and more.  I have found a
>> restoration guide, but nothing is in color and it isn't really specific on
>> getting the colors right.  The next step is to find out what the original
>> color was on this car.  I've heard that someone in Michigan (at a Brit car
>> place up there) is very well versed on colors.  Mine is now blue, but
>> inside bodywork shows a green that looks to me to be BRG.  The book I have
>> lists a different color for the '75's.
>>

>        I have a reprint of factory colours and for 75 the greens are:
>
>                colour          factory #       Ditzler code
>
>                Citron          BLVC 73         44947
>                Tundra          BLVC 94         44978
>

>        Hope it helps.

Thanks for the help.  That's what I need to start finding the origional
color.  Does your information tell how to figure out the original color (if
possible) from the body tags?  My car has two number plates in the driver
door jam.  I know that many other car makers include paint color
information on the body tags, but I don't see anything obvious on this car.

Glenn