Question concerning a spitfire

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Question concerning a spitfire
From: Joseph Johnson <jgj@BBN.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 92 10:51:53 EDT
Hello! I am new to this mailing list and am very happy that I found it.  Anyway
I have a 1979 Triumph Spitfire that I bought this summer.  It ran well for the
first few weeks and then it developed a problem where the engine would stop
while I was driving it.  Getting it started after that was next to impossible.
So my first quess was that it was a clogged fuel line or fuel pump, but I had a
mechanic check it out who said that that was not the problem, but that my
starter was going.  He also seemed to think that my ignition module was the
reason for the car's stopping while I was driving it.  Has anyone out there had
similar problems with Spitfires and do you have any advise, ideas or opinions
that you would like to share which will be greatly appreciated.  If anyone
wishes to contact me via e-mail please feel free to do so at my address below.
Thank you all for listening.

                                   Joseph Johnson
                                   e-mail: jgj@bbn.com